Terminal tie (visual warning)
☆Terminal tie warns you against abnormal heat by color-change itself.
・Terminal tie notifies you against abnormal heat at the terminal joint by its color-change.
※Terminal tie is made from thermo-sensitive material.
Terminal tie gradually turns into milky-white (semitransparent) when the temperature goes up to the degree higher than around 75℃.
☆Easy to attach
・You can attach Terminal tie to insulation cover without putting the joint terminal off.
○Terminal tie MTT type
・MTT type changes its color by abnormal heat and returns to normal color as the temperature goes down.
○Terminal tie STT type
・STT type does not return to normal color once its color changes.
・You can distinguish Terminal tie from abnormally heated one at a glance.
・Attach to insulation or dust-proof cover of terminal joint in the distribution board.
(1) Please use Terminal tie only in a box and not be exposed by sunlight, ultra-violet or fluorescent light.
(2) Please keep and store Terminal tie in the place not be exposed by sunlight, ultra-violet or fluorescent light under the condition of 0℃～40℃ until the time to use.
(3) An arc occurred, replace Terminal tie with another one or check its surface and also its color-change by drier or something promptly (except STT type).
(4) Please use Terminal tie at around room temperature.
Do not use it under other condition.
(5) Only be used for original, general, reasonable and rational purposes and also be used by such means.
○The reason of setting ‘’75℃’’ for color-change is the following:
The degree ‘’75℃’’ derives from the regulation ‘’JEAC5503’’（※1）.
‘’JEAC5503’’ defines maximum allowable temperature of terminal and junction as 75℃, and also defines the degree over 75℃ as abnormal.
※1 ‘’JEAC’’ stands for Japan Electric Association.
■Applicable electric cable/model number
Thermo tie size
|Applicable cable (sq)||Model Number||Quantity per a package|
- Please select the color (Red, Yellow, Blue, Black) certainly in order.
※ Color (STT type): (1)Red, (2)Black